Health and Safety Advisor
Opening day : 23-01-2018
Closing day : 23-02-2018
Senvion is seeking candidates to join its Health and Safety team in Montreal, Quebec in the position of Health and Safety Advisor.
Perform in a leadership role incident investigation, case management and internal reporting. Conduct site audits and develop specific job hazard analysis. Develop health and safety programs, measures and procedures. Provide sub-contractor oversight regarding compliance to applicable health, safety and environmental standards and regulations. Communicate audit/inspection results to management and follow up with sites. Develop, plan and conduct health and safety training. Partner with various departments to ensure safety compliance at all levels and act as the key contact point for all requirements related to health, safety and environmental activities.
- Demonstrate ability to act as a business partner with internal customers and external clients to develop and influence management on health, safety and environmental initiatives;
- Play a leadership, proactive role in creating and implementing a zero incident policy and corporate safety culture;
- Draft, review and implement safety auditing programs and ensures prompt closer of audits;
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to the corporate health, safety and environmental program;
- Prepare and review health and safety plans and manuals for on-going and future operations;
- Provide technical guidance and support to managers and employees regarding HSE topics;
- Coordinate with HSE relays on sites within Senvion organization;
- Perform responsive high quality customer service;
- Insure compliance with regulating agencies and corporate recordkeeping and reporting;
- Investigates accidents and analyzes accident trend data;
- Seek to develop technical competence of others through effective coaching and training;
- Up to 50% travel required, with peaks during summer construction season.
- Bachelor's degree specializing in health and safety, safety management or related discipline;
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge and understanding of CSST & WSIB rules and regulations of the Canadian provinces;
- Capable of working in a matrix environment where deliverables are required by different departments;
- Excellent knowledge of health, safety and environmental laws and regulations including but not limited to crane systems, fall protection and confined space;
- Possess leadership and interpersonal skills that allow effective communications;
- French and English bilingualism, both oral and written;
- Active listener who encourages open communication;
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information;
- Motivated to work hard, learn quickly, and establish credibility;
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to thrive in dynamic, rapidly changing business environment;
- Consciousness to cultural differences;
- Proficient with MS Office.
Essential physical abilities
- Ability to climb 300+ foot wind towers; work in confined spaces as well as under all types of weather conditions when required.
If you enjoy working within a truly dynamic environment and share our passion for clean energy, please forward your to firstname.lastname@example.org