Working in a unique natural laboratory makes all the difference.
The research projects conducted by the TechnoCentre éolien help make businesses more knowledgeable and train highly qualified Québec staff. At its research centre – outstanding for its state-of-the-art infrastructure located in a life-size laboratory – the TechnoCentre éolien develops its own research programs to study the impact of the northern climate and complex terrain on wind energy production.
The TechnoCentre éolien has partnership agreements with :
- École de technologie supérieure of Montreal (ÉTS)
- Université du Québec à Rimouski (UQAR)
- l'Institut de recherche d'Hydro-Québec (IREQ)
- le Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
The TechnoCentre éolien is involved in various research networks, including the International Energy Agency (IEA) Task 19 working group on wind energy in northern climates. The TechnoCentre éolien is Canada's representative in this group.